I have a saab 900 GLS from 1983, whilst driving it the other day the belt to the water pump and alternator broke, the engine overheated and lost power. I've replaced the belt but when I try to start the engine it cranks but does not fire. I've checked the spark plugs which are in good shape. I was able to jump start the car with another battery and it did fire but accrid smoke came out of the exhaust and the car needed the throttle full down for the engine to run at all. Also the water level in the coolant tank seems to be decreasing very quickly. What is going on, can anyone help?
have the same problem?
Saturday, January 14th, 2006 AT 10:03 AM