BARELY RUNS, NO POWER, TCS OFF LIGHT, HAPPENED SUUDDENLY

• earthman9
  • SAAB

RE: My 2000 Saab 9.5 se V6 wagon. With 89,300 miles. Last major service was at 70,000, and included an ignition module
The car ran ok, until bringing my car in to replace the rear half of my exhaust. It was OK driving to the shop, but upon restarting to drive into the repair bay, there was NO power, & it barely idled. That's still the case after the repair. The CEL light was on prior to bringing it in, and still is, and the engine fault codes show misfires etc.
The mechanic checked to see what the codes meant, and checked out what he could, but did not know how to repair the problem. It's a reputable shop, but he's not a Saab technician.
I'm hoping it's just gone into Limp Home Mode, but.
Mike

Sunday, November 11th, 2007 AT 6:02 AM

• Jack42

Knowing the exact codes will help figure out the problem. Why are you replacing th eback half of the exhaust? I ask this because what you describe could be a restrictive cat converter. Get back witht the exact codes, we can go from there

Monday, November 12th, 2007 AT 7:48 AM
  • earthman9

The muffler had been dented from the underside pretty deeply prior to my owning the car. It finally split at the seam and got progressively louder, and I had suspected it as part of the problem.
Trouble codes all related to misfires (so I was told).
The temp sensor also thinks it's 40 below, and replacing it didn't change that either. Maybe the computer system?
I found an experienced Saab tech close enough to home that I turned the problem over to him.
Love the car, but. Not as much as I used to.

Monday, November 12th, 2007 AT 4:09 PM