Engine Performance problem
1999 Saab 9-3 repair Question 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles
I my 9-3 ran great one day and wouldn't start the next. It cranks but doesn't run.
Troubleshooting performed so far:
1. Cleaned battery terminals
2. Reseated Direct Ignition Cassette
3. Moved gear shift several times through park to drive and attempted to start in park and neutral without success.
4. Checked fuses
5. Sprayed carb cleaner in the throttle body and car ran for a few seconds
6. Pulled banjo connector from the engine side of the fuel filter and turned ignition on. Fuel ran out of fuel filter.
7. Replaced Fuel Pressure Regulator
My question is; where do I go from here? I've heard that there isn't a way to connect a fuel pressure gauge to one of these cars because they don't have shrader valve connections on the fuel rail. How do mechanics check fuel pressure on a car without a connection available? I'm also wondering if the ECM could have failed and how I'd test that as well.
have the same problem?
Tuesday, November 10th, 2009 AT 8:07 PM