Removed instrument cluster, reinstalled and now won't start

AREGINER
  • 1999 SUBARU LEGACY
  • AWD
Uninstalled the instrument cluster to adjust where the female connector for the speedometer. I reinstalled and car will not start

Once I reconnect the negative terminal all the lights in the instrument panel and dashboard come on when I turn the key and they don't turn off. When I turn the key to start engine there is one single click and then all the lights are gone and they stay gone. If I leave the car alone for about five minutes the door ajar light and the rear lights come on and all the lights will be available to come on again if I turn the key.

I have checked the fuses
unhooked the battery for an hour to try and reset
checked all the instrument cluster connections
adjusted the piece I initially worked on to normal

Does anyone know what I did!
Monday, February 24th, 2014 AT 10:37 PM

Try resetting your anti theft first then when car starts see if it's ok then. If not manual on how to do it look online.
-2
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014 AT 6:47 AM
AREGINER
That is the most common solution I've been seeing online, but if I do not have an actual theft system installed can I, or how would I go about this. My manual does give instruction on how to reset the theft system "if installed", but my car does not have one. Any suggestions?
-1
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014 AT 8:27 AM
If you have any flashing red lights on your cars dash you have one. And most cars built since 2000 or late 90's do. Check fuses 15 under hood and fuse 16 under dash. Either one could be blown preventing it from starting also check the two things in pic that I've sent.
+3
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014 AT 9:34 AM
AREGINER
Thank you for the advice. I brought home a jump box today and jump started the car. Hoping it was just a dead battery. Didn't think that was the issue, but just goes to show, always start with the simple stuff. Thanks again.
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014 AT 9:27 PM