Radio no sound chimes no sound

TONY SULFARO
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Two years ago I pressed the mute button on the steering wheel, all the sound turned off.
everybody said it was the AMP on the bose system. I could not afford a new amp so I drove with silence.
A few weeks ago when I got into the car I heard the chimes I turned on the radio and it worked for a few minutes then turned off five minutes later it turned on again for awhile then turned off.
My friend had the same year Tahoe and was junking it. He sold the radio but the Amp. Was still in the car so I took it out and put it in my car still no sound. I already donated to the site this is my second request for the same problem
Sunday, November 15th, 2015 AT 6:02 PM

If you didn't receive a good answer the last time at donation you should have asked for your money back as we guarantee that. Now to root of problem because this is the premium radio you need to have a pro scan this as it may be the coil in steering wheel or the buttons which I kind of doubt or a body module as well as a radio problem. Because you switched amps it will probably have to be programmed into your truck as they may be vin specific. Any garage with a good scanner(not auto parts kind) can at least find the problem if it's amodule or coil causing the problem.
Monday, November 16th, 2015 AT 7:21 AM
TONY SULFARO
I put the original AMP. Back and scanned for any computer problems but nothing. It was strange that it turned on after all this time and then shut down, Do you think grounding has anything to do with it. I have issues with the horn that now starting to work not work the horn rely is good because when I lock the doors the horn sounds. Do you think that the problem is in the steering wheel for both issues?
Thanks,
Tony
Monday, November 16th, 2015 AT 8:31 AM
Yes the steering wheel problem may relate to the clock ring or a shorted wires something like that. If the scanner you used was from an auto parts and not a pro model you won't show any codes you need a pro model to scan for body module, radio etc.
Monday, November 16th, 2015 AT 10:26 AM