HAPPENED TWICE AND CORRECTED ITSELF..

1990 Porsche 911

orgilthorpe

October, 30, 2010 AT 11:34 AM

1990 Porsche 911 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 89000 miles

The 2 times were about 2 months apart

Oct 30th the latest

For some reason the car transmission will not let me get it into gear. It seems to keep spinning the gears. Pushing the clutch in didn't seem to do anything. If the car was started in neutral and I managed to get it in any gear it would shut the car off.

When I finally could get moving after various attempts. While holding the clutch in and giving it gas driving down the road. You could feel the car accelerate a little.

I think there's a slight burning smell sometimes if you stand outside the car. Could be paranoia now

Then after many heart palpitations and with no warning or noises. Everything starts working again.
I was driving when it all synced up again.

That's it in a nutshell

It's a 1990 911 Carrerra 4 5 speed manual

Don't want to get ripped at the Porsche dealer

October, 30, 2010 AT 12:14 PM

Hi orgilthorpe,

Thank you for the donation.

Symptoms indicates the clutch hydraulic system is failing and there are pressure loss intermittently.

Check the fluid level in brake master cylinder anf if level is good, check the clutch master cylinder push rod area for signs of fluid leakages.

Check the clutch slave cylinder for fluid leakage as well.

Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement