STARTING PROBLEMS

Pontiac Sunbird

nt1039

October, 29, 2007 AT 3:19 PM

I have a 94 pontiac sunbird 2.0L, 4cylinder that has been having lots of starting issues. I've been at the same shop and they've replaced the starter, then the alternator, and most recently the battery b/c is just doesn't want to concsistently start. Each time it works for a week maybe, then some new problem arises. Now they're saying I need to replace the abs module b/c that is draining the battery. I got the car back and after a couple of days when I went to start it, it wouldn't but had juice and I heard this ticking that wouldn't stop even w/o the key in. That drained the battery and i'm being told it needs to be replaced. It really seems like there is something else going on. Is this all just a coincedence or could there be some underlying problem?

Jack42

October, 29, 2007 AT 4:07 PM

A large draw like the ABS motor will kill a battery in no time. Try charging the battery and then pull the ABS fuses. See if it is ok in the AM

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement