Car Stalled and won't start

TEAMRAMROD
  • PONTIAC SUNBIRD

I have a 92 pontiac sunbird SE V6 3.1 5spd std with 80000km. My engine was running fine, I had driven it in the morning for 45min let it rest for half an hour n ran it for 30 more minutes till it stalled. I was goin 55kmh and my engine stalled, without making any funny noises. While still moving I put it in neutral and tried to restart it, it wouldnt fire so I pulled over. I checked everything, im getting fuel, my sparkplugs and wires look fine, the engine turns over, but it never fires, just turns over, and i'm not getting a spark. Bad ECM or Coil pack? I need help!

Friday, September 28th, 2007 AT 4:17 PM

BMRFIXIT

The most common is the spark control module

if no spark car sound ok while cranking

change the module

good luck
let us know

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, September 28th, 2007 AT 6:57 PM
TEAMRAMROD

The spark control module? Its a Direct Ingection system with a distributerless spark system, looks very confusing and I don't really understand it, I do however have the haynes manual for it, i'm just looking to see if other people who have had birds know of this as a common problem. Thanx for the sugestion

Friday, September 28th, 2007 AT 10:43 PM
TEAMRAMROD

The spark control module? Its a Direct Ingection system with a distributerless spark system, looks very confusing and I don't really understand it, I do however have the haynes manual for it, i'm just looking to see if other people who have had birds know of this as a common problem. Thanx for the sugestion[/quote:918a28b160]

I did some testing and I think I figured out the problem, i've narrowed it down to the ignition module/coil pack thanx for the help, im gunna replace it and post result

Saturday, September 29th, 2007 AT 5:44 PM