AC CODE P53

Pontiac Grand Prix

therock69

August, 9, 2007 AT 4:49 PM

2001 GrandPrix, 3.1 V6 110K miles. Ac compressor will not engage. The Freon is full and I replaced the high pressure switch but I still have the same code. There is no voltage going to the switch. I would like a print to see how the system is wired but I haven't been able to locate a Haynes manual for this car yet? Any Ideas where I can find a print or how I can fix this? Driving me crazy, need cool air. Thanks!

A\c Problem

Air Compressor Help

1 IMAGE

August, 10, 2007 AT 11:01 AM

P0530. Pertains to A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit its located at the L/side of the engine compartment on the Accumulator.

Have you check all the fuses that's involved in the AC circuit to include the AC clutch relay

Check your high side pressure

If there's a problem with the high side pressure the PCM will not engage the compressor thru the AC pressure sensor same goes with the high pressure cut off switch.

Recheck your pressures

Hope this helps

therock69

August, 10, 2007 AT 1:58 PM

Pressures are good, swapped the AC clutch relay and checked all fuses. What does it mean if I'm not getting any voltage to the high pressure switch? Also, are you saying there's a switch on the accumulator that can cause this problem? Thanks for the help!

August, 10, 2007 AT 6:31 PM

The PCM ( Powertrain Control Module ) controls the system it tells the compressor when to engage thru relays/switches

According to my resources the pressure sensor is on the accumulator.

therock69

August, 10, 2007 AT 7:43 PM

How do I check it?

August, 10, 2007 AT 7:56 PM

Sir-if you don't have a working experiences in electrical/electronics best bet is to bring her in to an AC tech this one can be a nightmare to deal with thru the internet. Sorry

Maybe someone in here will jump in and help just be patient and wait Thank You

therock69

August, 10, 2007 AT 9:30 PM

Just don't have much experience with auto electronics or their locations. Also, there are no switches located on the accumulator, only 2 hard lines. And where is the PCM located?

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe