2000 Pontiac Grand Prix I changed my pads & rotors, now

NJPAMPINELLA
  • 2000 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
I just changed my front pads & rotors for my first time by myseff. I did everything as I was instructed & everything went on perfectlly. When the job was completed I put the cap back on the master cylender, started her up & pumped the pedal several times. Now I have NO brakes! NO pedal at all! It goes straight to the floor no matter how many times I pump it. It seems like the caliper pistons aren't compressing. I don't see any fluid leaking other than what came out from the resevoir when I initially compressed the pistons. The only problem I encountered was when I took off the caliper pins, they were super difficult to pull out & had a bunch of crusty old anti seize & dryed up grease caked on them. There was nothin "freely" about the way they moved! On the drivers side, there were plastic bushings that pulled out on the end of the pins but the passenger side pins came out without the bushings. Could this be why I have no brakes anymore or do I have 2 seperate problems? Any suggestions?
Friday, April 10th, 2009 AT 8:40 AM

MMPRINCE4000
If you did not remove the caliper lines or any lines to the brakes, you either have a leak somewhere or a bad MC.

The slide pins should move freely, if stuck they will not release and cause the pad to wear.

Bleed the brakes, all four of them, start with farthest from MC and work your up to closest to MC. If you still have no pedal, then leak or MC.
Friday, April 10th, 2009 AT 10:49 AM
NJPAMPINELLA
I manually bled all 4 lines. I started with the passenger rear then driver rear, passenger front, driver front. At first. Nothing! After about 9 times of crackin the bleeder a tiny bit of fluid came from the passenger rear & the driver front. I got absolutely nothing out of the driver rear or the passenger front. I thought it could possibly be that the bleeders were clogged so I gravity bled them. Still nothing from those 2 calipers. I can actually stop the car now but there isnt any pressure behind the pedal & my stopping distance is for S**t! I thoroughly inspected the undercarriage with a flashlight & there is no fluid leaking from anywhere. I had the ABS system scanned & no codes came up. Still think it's the master?
Tuesday, April 14th, 2009 AT 9:22 AM
MMPRINCE4000
If you cannot get fluid to flow from the bleed screws, either there is a clogged up line or the MC is leaking internally.

When installing a new MC, bench bleed it before install.
Wednesday, April 15th, 2009 AT 6:14 AM