LOW PRESSURE CUT OFF SWITCH

Pontiac Grand Am

LateNightRome

August, 26, 2007 AT 7:38 PM

I have a 96 Pontiac Grand Am V6 3.1L With about 120,000 miles.

I tried to recharge my a/c and noticed that the compressor was not engaging, and the R-134 was not being taken into the system.

Never had this problem before when recharging the system. I replaced my compressor the week before, and foolishly opened up the high pressure line while hooking up my hose bracket to the compressor to have a lil extra slack in the new line I bought. Like a fool, I completely forgot to close it back before starting the car, and trying to charge the system. Yea DUMB Move I Know.

Im thinking maybe I tripped the low pressure cut off switch and this why its not engaging right now. Any ideas?

Also, where is this switch located?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jack42

September, 1, 2007 AT 8:09 AM

The low presure switch (cycling switch) is usually located on the receiver/dryer, if not then it should be the only switch on the low side (big hose). Use a test light when you find it, if there is enough pressure in the system it should have power on both sides, if it does be sure the power is getting to the comp.