97

1997 Pontiac Grand Am

towguy570

April, 15, 2006 AT 8:46 AM

Hello, and thank you for your time. I am working with a 97 pont grand am, 96350 miles, the car was working fine and now if you turn the key, all the lites work but in trying to start the car, there is no response, no starter noise, clicking, no dimming of dash lights, no response whatsoever, and am looking for what to look for and how to find said items.

losone

April, 15, 2006 AT 8:49 AM

Does the key have a computer chip?

towguy570

April, 15, 2006 AT 9:15 AM

How would I find that out, whether it has a computer chip or not?

towguy570

April, 15, 2006 AT 9:15 AM

Oh i'm sorry. The key doe not have a computer chip

losone

April, 15, 2006 AT 11:37 AM

Because the dash dosen't go out in the start position, I suspect it is the ignition sw. It is located on top of the steering column about 1/2 way down. It is driven by a rod from the sw.

It is adjustable and quite often the screws loosen causing the sw to slip.

Drop the cover over the under dash. Drop the column on the seat and you can see the sw. It is only 3/8 nut on the car. You will see how it is connected. Good luck

towguy570

April, 15, 2006 AT 2:29 PM

I have already pulled the column and located the switch, this one actually is right at the key cylinder switch, with two wires running from the bottom end of it. The switch was very hot when disassembling it, and am having to replace it anyways as something broke while trying to replace the same switch that I took out. I am wondering if this vehicle has a starter relay switch and where it might be located. I bypass the ignition switch with no results.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement