WON'T START

2000 Pontiac Grand Am

winnie 235

October, 15, 2008 AT 12:27 PM

2000 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 124000 miles

I have a 2000 grand am with 125,000 miles. I've owned the car for two years now. Since I've had the car I have the problem of it not always starting. It cranks but won't start. The mechanic replaced the crank sensor and the fuel pump last Nov. And again this Sept The plugs wires, oil, air filter is all new. Compression checks out fine. The same problem of sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn't. They've had my car now for 5 weeks and can't figure out what is wrong with it. It's just sitting on the lot. This is the 2nd mechanic I've had this car to and I" m getting NOWHERE fast! I'm pretty much done with the madness and would very much like to fix this thing myself with your help!

Can't thank you enough for your help. Ended up being the security system. Wish I would have contacted you before I put so much money in this car with replacing things that didn't need replacing. Your web site is fantastic.

Docfixit

October, 15, 2008 AT 1:04 PM

Where there any codes? If so what P0xxx?
When it will not start is it fuel or ign? Spray carb cleaner in intake fires then loosing fuel.
Pull plug wire hold to block spark or no? Then ign problem. When it does start how does it run? Any stalling?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang