CHECKING TRANSMISSION FLUID

1999 Pontiac Grand Am

rainyskiez

December, 17, 2007 AT 6:26 PM

1999 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 103000 miles

I recently bought a 99 Pontiac Grand Am GT. I have tried to check the transmission fluid and could not find where to do so. I had someone else look and they found it, but when they opened it up there was no dipstick to check it with. Are we missing something?

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

luisjerez

March, 1, 2009 AT 9:49 AM

Where is locater the stick for add the transmission on a pontiac 1999 grand am

luisjerez

March, 1, 2009 AT 9:53 AM

brian 1

March, 1, 2009 AT 10:06 AM

It has no dip stick,here is how you add fluid:Start the engine and allow the engine to idle until the transmission fluid temperature has reached the value specified.
Depress the brake pedal and move the shift lever through the gear ranges, pausing a few seconds in each range. Return the shift lever to the PARK range. Remove the fluid vent cap.
Raise the vehicle on a hoist. The vehicle must be level, with the engine running and the shift lever in the PARK range. Caution: The engine must be running when the transmission fluid fill plug is removed, or excessive fluid loss will occur. Transmission fluid may be hot. Since the actual fluid level is unknown, stand clear when removing the fill plug. Have a container ready to capture any lost fluid. Do not turn the engine off with the fill plug removed, as you can be injured by hot transmission fluid being expelled out of the oil fill opening.

Remove the transmission oil level control plug.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/147643_trans_1.jpg

this trans only has a fluid vent cap that you can unscrew to add fluid. also PLEASE START A NEW THREAD NEXT TIME,THIS THREAD IS ALMOST 3 YEARS OLD. post back with any other questions.

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement