2007 Pontiac G6 oil message

• 1 POST
  • 2007 PONTIAC G6

Computer problem
2007 Pontiac G6 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 92000 miles

how can I clear or reset change oil message on dash, when my oil has been changed already. It is telling me change oil soon

Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 3:07 PM

Oil Life System Resetting

When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it will indicate that an oil change is necessary. A CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message will come on. Change the engine oil as soon as possible within the next 600 miles (1 000 km). It is possible that, if driving under the best conditions, the oil life system may not indicate that an oil change is necessary for over a year. However, the engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and at this time the system must be reset.

If the system is ever reset accidentally, change the engine oil at 3,000 miles (5 000 km) since last oil change.

How to Reset the Engine Oil Life System

To reset the Engine Oil Life System, do the following:

1. With the CHANGE OIL SOON message displayed, press any of the three driver information center (DIC) buttons to clear the CHANGE OIL SOON message.
2. Display OIL LIFE RESET on the DIC.
3. Press and hold the ENTER button for at least one second. An ACKNOWLEDGED display message will appear for three seconds or until the next button is pressed. This will tell you the system has reset.
4. Turn the ignition to OFF.

If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL message comes back on when you start the vehicle the Engine Oil Life System has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
There you go.

Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 3:43 PM