2001 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE AC NOT WORKING

• notapromike
  • 2001 Pontiac Bonneville

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Pontiac Bonneville 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 311000 miles

I was having trouble with my power door locks and push button trunk release and interior lights, so I was in the fuse box under the back seat checking things out. Ever since my AC compressor will not turn on. Help. I cannot find a fuse under the back seat marked AC. The problem with my power door locks/ interior lights/push button trunk release mysteriously disappearred after I got out of the 100 degree hellish Texas heat& back in Minnesota.

Monday, June 21st, 2010 AT 4:39 PM

• saturntech9

First of all thank you so much for your donation. The a/c compressor clutch fuse is in the under hood fuse box 15amp number 26 I emailed you the under hood fuse box legend to your personal email.

Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 1:49 AM
  • notapromike

I checked this fuse and it is good. Swapped it out anyway. AC still not working. There is no power to the 2 prong hookup that connects to the compressor when I have the AC on. I think there should be. Any mre suggestions? Thanks. Mike PS I also switched out the AC relay inside the fuse box under the hood. It was good also.

Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 AT 3:36 AM
  • saturntech9

Let's try this behind the a/c compressor on the a/c line you will see a switch with a connector going to it that is your a/c pressure switch. If your pressure in the system is too high or low it cut's your a/c compressor off. With the car idling and the a/c on unplug the connector to the a/c pressure switch and jump the terminal's across the connector going to the switch just for a few second's. Did the compressor come on?Also did your cooling fan come on?

Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 AT 2:19 PM