1999 Plymouth Breeze 1999 may be fuel pump, please help!

CNISSAN1989
  • 1999 PLYMOUTH BREEZE
I have a 1999 plymouth breeze. I started it up one morning and I was driving on the highway when I felt the car jerking a little, immediately pulling off the highway the car stalled. The car starts but will not turn over. It has a whiring noise. The lights come on and everything but just wont turn on. The check oil light is on and I am thinking it may need a new fuel pump. If it does my stepfather can fix it and he is pretty good with cars. Is it a somewhat easier fix? How much do things like this cost. Money is not so much an issue I just am a worrier and it would be nice to know at least something about what is going on with my baby!
Thursday, July 1st, 2010 AT 6:26 PM

The car starts but will not turn over. Sounds like it cranking over and will not start-Dunno the cost of repairs till its actually identified

What you need to do is determine if its a fuel or spark problem that's preventing it from starting-Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard i
Thursday, July 1st, 2010 AT 6:48 PM
CNISSAN1989
So if its a blue spark then what do I need to do? From what ive read on here a lot of other people have diagnosed it as a fuel pump that needs to be replaced and even my step dad said there might be a spark issue.
Thursday, July 1st, 2010 AT 6:57 PM
If you are getting a snapping blue spark-check the fuel pressure if okay could be a valve and ignition timing problem.
Thursday, July 1st, 2010 AT 7:19 PM