PCM keeps going out

FAYGOZ
  • 1996 DODGE RAM
I recently wrecked my truck, it was collided with another car on the driver side.

Truck wouldn't start, took it to a mechanic they replaced the PCM and a new crankshaft sensor.

The day I picked the truck up from the shop, it randomly shuts off, will crank but no start, with the oil light on the dash.

Fast forward the truck had its PCM replaced for the second time, which I thought was a relief because it started.

Now today the same thing happened, driving out of my neighborhood, the truck randomly shuts off, steering locked, but lights and radio still working. Tired of putting money into this truck when it keeps doing the same thing.

Anything helps, let me know your thoughts on this problem.
Monday, August 5th, 2019 AT 1:28 PM

KEN

It sounds like the ASD relay is failing. here is a guide and the relay location so you can run a test to confirm the failure:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

See if the relay gets hot as well sure sign its going out. Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 AT 2:41 PM