1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
3. If necessary for access, remove the coolant recovery reservoir.
4. Partially drain the coolant, into a suitable container, to a level below the water pump.
5. If equipped, remove the serpentine belt guard/cover.
6. Remove the serpentine belt.
7. Remove the retaining bolts, then remove the water pump pulley.
8. Unfasten the 5 water pump attaching bolts, then remove the water pump and gasket. Discard the gasket.
9. Thoroughly clean the water pump mounting surfaces.
10. Position a new gasket, then install the water pump.
11. Install the attaching bolts and tighten them to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
12. Install the water pump pulley.
13. Install the serpentine belt and belt cover/guard (if equipped).
14. Refill the cooling system with the specified type and amount amount of engine coolant.
15. Install the air cleaner assembly.
16. Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for coolant leaks.
Sunday, March 15th, 2009 AT 7:38 PM