WARM START UP

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass

mrsidepocket44

June, 29, 2010 AT 9:16 AM

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

i had charging problem so I replaced alternator and battery. Drove it one day and then it wouldn't start after it warmed up. I've replaced plugs. Wires, coil packs, ignition module, crankshaft position sensor, fuel pump, throtle position sensor, fuel pressure is 42 psi. Fuel injectors are spraying a good spray. All new parts. Car starts initially runs until it warms up then all it does is crank over will start after it cools down. Any info will be appreciated thank you

Jacobandnickolas

June, 29, 2010 AT 1:04 PM

Have you checked the ignition module?

mrsidepocket44

June, 30, 2010 AT 7:47 AM

I had charging problem so I replaced alternator and battery. Drove it one day and then it wouldn't start after it warmed up. I've replaced plugs. Wires, coil packs, ignition module, crankshaft position sensor, fuel pump, throtle position sensor, fuel pressure is 42 psi. Fuel injectors are spraying a good spray. All new parts. Car starts initially runs until it warms up then all it does is crank over will start after it cools down. Then it starts up and runs like a it should for aprox 20 - 30 mins

Jacobandnickolas

June, 30, 2010 AT 11:15 PM

When the engine doesn't start, which is missing, fuel or spark?

mrsidepocket44

July, 1, 2010 AT 10:13 AM

Yesterday I discovered that after running for 20 mins, I checked for spark and there is NO SPARK untill it cools down

Jacobandnickolas

July, 1, 2010 AT 1:24 PM

That is helpful. I realize you replaced the ignition module, but I suggest returning it (hopefully under warranty) and trying a different one. That is exactly what they do. Also, check the wiring to it. Make sure all connections are good and none of the wires are broken.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz