LIGHTING

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora

inthemntime

February, 8, 2010 AT 1:07 PM

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 88200 miles

I just bought this car. When you turn the lights on, the lights on the left side of the instrument panel, the on/off button for the driver indication center, a few of the steering wheel control lights, and a couple of radio button lights will not illuminate. I looked for bad fuses, but none looked to be bad. Any ideas? Also, I noticed that the cruise control light is brighter when the headlights are turned off.

Light Codes

Power Locks And Dome Light

racefan966

February, 8, 2010 AT 7:18 PM

If fuses are good and the bulbs are good then I would look into the headlight switch. If you have a digital multi meter and can get to the wiring on the back of the switch I can run you through a couple of tests and make sure it is bad if you like.

inthemntime

February, 8, 2010 AT 7:31 PM

I do have a multimeter, and would be willing to do the tests. Please let me know. Thanks.

racefan966

February, 8, 2010 AT 7:40 PM

After looking at the wiring diagram for you car I see that the instrument cluster is powered off one yellow wire to it and then it is dispersed out from the cluster from there. So what I am saying is that either the flexable circuit board on the back of the dash is bad or the bulbs are bad.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic