2002 OLDSMOBILE AURORA LIGHTING

• inthemntime
  • 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 88200 miles

I just bought this car. When you turn the lights on, the lights on the left side of the instrument panel, the on/off button for the driver indication center, a few of the steering wheel control lights, and a couple of radio button lights will not illuminate. I looked for bad fuses, but none looked to be bad. Any ideas? Also, I noticed that the cruise control light is brighter when the headlights are turned off.

Monday, February 8th, 2010 AT 1:07 PM

• racefan966

If fuses are good and the bulbs are good then I would look into the headlight switch. If you have a digital multi meter and can get to the wiring on the back of the switch I can run you through a couple of tests and make sure it is bad if you like.

Monday, February 8th, 2010 AT 7:18 PM
  • inthemntime

I do have a multimeter, and would be willing to do the tests. Please let me know. Thanks.

Monday, February 8th, 2010 AT 7:31 PM
  • racefan966

After looking at the wiring diagram for you car I see that the instrument cluster is powered off one yellow wire to it and then it is dispersed out from the cluster from there. So what I am saying is that either the flexable circuit board on the back of the dash is bad or the bulbs are bad.

Monday, February 8th, 2010 AT 7:40 PM