ADJUSTING SUNROOF

2003 Oldsmobile Alero

James22

November, 6, 2008 AT 11:14 AM

2003 Oldsmobile Alero 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

The sunroof has a lift & slide back feature. A few months ago, all of a sudden, it would not close completely. The sunroof would stay up about a half inch.

I see the torx screws to adjust but there is not enough play to adjust the back to come down 1/2 inch.

The slider on the left side [driver] does not retract as far as the right side but I have no idea why.

Can you make suggestions?

Thanks, Jim

Sunroof/moon Roof Help

Moon Roof

1 ANSWER

James W.

November, 6, 2008 AT 12:32 PM

It sounds like one side(driver's) is losing it's grip in the drive unit. If you can access the grear drive and remove the cover, you should be able to see what's going on.

James22

November, 6, 2008 AT 12:53 PM

By gear drive I assume you mean what looks like a worm gear, a really long one, that is tucked in a long crevice. The plastic sleeve doesn't show any obvious way to get at it. Does that mean dropping the headliner to get at the cover and then the gear?

James

James W.

November, 10, 2008 AT 7:24 AM

If you can't remove the drive unit through the access hole, then " yes" you will have to pull the headliner. It's a miserable job, but then you can clean and re-lube the cables at the same time.

Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX