1999 OLDSMOBILE ALERO CAR STALLS OUT ON ME

• souzam
  • 1999 Oldsmobile Alero

1999 Oldsmobile Alero 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 179, 00 miles

My car starts up fine for me but when I stop at a stop light or slow down I feel my car start to stall out on me. I usually hit the gas right away and it does not stall out on me. If I dont hit the gas it usually stalls out on me. I have taken it to numerous mechanics who can not find anything wrong with it.

Monday, May 5th, 2008 AT 9:15 AM

• cheng6

Hey my 99 alero is doing the same thing check you map sensor. I'm having mine fix today.

Thursday, May 15th, 2008 AT 12:52 PM
  • cheng6

I had the same problem took it to two certified mechanics and put it on the diagnostic machine. Car is running fine they said. Paid almost 400.00 dollars. Took it to an alley mechanic and found out it was my regulator leaking gas. At first the gas wouldn't leak
out on the first day. But the second day as soon as the tube was taken off the regulator gas went everywhere. We replaced it almost a week ago. My car is now running fine and hasn't stopped when I'm slowing down or at a stop light or even a stop sign.

Even after I did a tune up, map sensor, booster, coil. You name it I did it. So change the regulator is about 69.00 dollars at auto zone. Hope this helps

Friday, May 30th, 2008 AT 11:36 AM