1995 OLDSMOBILE ACHIEVA ENGINE TURNS BUT NO START

• tcb476
  • 1995 Oldsmobile Achieva

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 92000 miles

95 olds achieva, battery died so I replaced battery, now the engine turns but will not start. I pulled the gas lines at the rear filter and its pumping gas, I changed the ignition module and both coils in the coil pack, plugs and wires are good, there is no security system. Any other ideas?

Saturday, August 29th, 2009 AT 2:06 PM

• rasmataz

Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

-1
Sunday, August 30th, 2009 AT 5:00 AM