No start

KARKID19528
  • 2009 HONDA CRV
The engine will start only when I add fuel to intake port, it has fuel pump running and no trouble codes.
Tuesday, October 4th, 2016 AT 6:43 PM

Check fuel pressure with a gauge auto parts rent it here is an article to help.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator
+1
Wednesday, October 5th, 2016 AT 6:49 AM
KARKID19528
I rented a fuel pressure tester and connected to fuel pressure line from tank. I did not see a fuel regulator on the injectors assembly. I connected the tester and put the key on; it showed at 49-50 lbs. For 2 - 3 seconds and settled at 45-47 lbs. With key on. I have fuel pressure, yet, it will not start. When I add fuel to intake port, the engine starts. Therefore, I checked the fuel injector connector for power. I put the key on and the power wire connector has voltage. The other wire does not have pulse when I crank. I put my test light lead on the batt pos. And the testlight tip on the wire opposite the pos. Wire connector when cranking, and there is no pulse. Can the problem be the security system? When I put the key on, the green key (security) on dash flashes once quickly and does not come back on. I was able to use my remote key to unlock doors, at the moment I cannot unlock doors with the remote key. I would appreciate the method to test the security system for lockout and the method to determine where I am losing pulse to injectors when cranking. Thanks.
Friday, October 7th, 2016 AT 2:15 PM
Yes It can be the security system they all act different on what they shut down. Try a reset if no manual look online for your car on how to do it.
+1
Friday, October 7th, 2016 AT 3:13 PM
KARKID19528
Okay, the reset is done; I went back to check voltage on injector and I have positive 12 volts on the power wire and checked for pulse on the other wire when cranking, it has a pulse. So, the vehicle has fuel pressure, pulse on injectors and only starts with fuel in the intake. Do you think the injector pulse is injecting very little fuel (lean)? The testlight lights us bright when cranking. I will check spark plugs and replace if necessary, otherwise, do you think we need to figure out if injectors signals are not injecting enough fuel? Let me know, I really appreciate it.
Friday, October 7th, 2016 AT 3:52 PM
I just checked you are supposed to have 47-54 psi on fuel pressure and yours is running low so it may be a fuel filter did you try to reset security if not do so.
+1
Friday, October 7th, 2016 AT 4:45 PM
Forgot check fuses and relays as well especially main and pgm relays
+1
Friday, October 7th, 2016 AT 4:46 PM
KARKID19528
I believe this vehicle (2009 Honda CRV) has a filter in the fuel pump. Is this correct? Also, where is the main and/or the pgm relays and how can I check them?
Saturday, October 8th, 2016 AT 9:07 AM
Yes both models are there are two so I kind of doubt it's a filter probably a weak pump.see pic #2 is ignition coil rest are pgm relays. see article for relay test
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit
+1
Saturday, October 8th, 2016 AT 11:34 AM
KARKID19528
The fuel pressure at 45-47 lbs when key on is low? On the image, what are 14 and 15? And relays 1, 3, 5 and 10? I am sending you images of the fuse box and lid.
Saturday, October 8th, 2016 AT 1:06 PM
KARKID19528
Aren't the fuses for the main and pgm next to 15 and 14?
Saturday, October 8th, 2016 AT 1:23 PM
KARKID19528
I checked relays 2, 3, 5 and 10. They click with the key on and I remove and replace them. I have spark at the plugs, injector pulse when I test with testlight while cranking engine. Fuel pressure at 45 to 47 lbs. With key on. What do you think?
Thanks.
Saturday, October 8th, 2016 AT 2:40 PM
Check compression and see if your timing has jumped on your cam it may be that but do compression test first. If none of this works then have amechanic look at it.
+1
Saturday, October 8th, 2016 AT 3:34 PM
KARKID19528
The vehicle starts when I add fuel to the intake; what makes the injector pulse lean or rich? Is that the computer? There are no trouble codes.
Saturday, October 8th, 2016 AT 3:55 PM
Yes it's the computer that does that among ignition as well. Have you tried the security reset and check fuses under hood I can't think of anything else. If you are low on fuel pressure a lot won't start. And sometimes a crank sensor will go bad and not set a code as well.I really can't think of anything else so if you reply i'm going to pass this on
+1
Saturday, October 8th, 2016 AT 5:00 PM