No Pressure

FUBARGRN
  • 1998 FORD F-150
My radiator is slowly leaking from the passenger front corner (near petcock), and the upper hose never really got tight, so I replaced the thermostat and pressure cap. Now, I cannot get the truck to warm up, or blow hot air through the HVAC system. Temp gauge never gets higher than a few ticks above cold. Upper hose flows water when taken off, so water pump is pumping.
Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 AT 12:05 PM

Pull hvac fuse inside truck it may be the blend door actuator needs to be reset or it's bad.
Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 AT 12:31 PM
FUBARGRN
Blend door actuator would cause the truck temp gauge to never really rise?
Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 AT 12:40 PM
No not that but it can be a problem for no heat. Check your coolant level as you may have air in system and not be full. What temp was tstat if it wasn't 195 then it was wrong temp and that may be the real problem. Make sure both hoses leading to heater are hot as well. The temp gauge may be wrong as well. Even if it worked right before.
Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 AT 1:03 PM
FUBARGRN
Blend door is working, coolant levels are normal, No hoses are getting hot. Standard 195 degree thermostat was replaced yesterday. I can squeeze upper hose with pressure cap off, and can see coolant flowing into the de-gas bottle. Water pump is pumping. I removed upper hose when engine was "cool" and water flowed like a flood when I started it up.
Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 AT 1:08 PM
After truck is warm with engine off and fans not able to start, feel radiator in different spots it should be warm all over if not the radiator may be bad and with outside temp being cooler weather may be the cause. I can't think of anything that will cause this especially with a new rad cap. Unless it's the wrong cap
Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 AT 1:23 PM