The codes indicates a short to power. Take a look through this information and diagnostic procedure and let me know if it helps. The attached pic is the diagnostics.
2006 Buick Truck Rendezvous FWD V6-3.5L VIN L
Vehicle ALL Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) Testing and Inspection B Code Charts B3103
The remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) communicates with the body control module (BCM) through the key-less entry serial data circuit. When any button on the key-less entry transmitter is pressed, the transmitter sends a signal to the RCDLR. The RCDLR sends a lock, unlock, rear release, or panic alarm request to the BCM, depending on which button is pressed on the transmitter. The BCM receives the message and performs the appropriate function. The BCM also uses the key-less entry serial data circuit in order to communicate with the RCDLR when programming transmitters.
This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC:
DTC B3103 Key-less Entry Data Link Circuit High
CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC
- The system voltage is at least 9.0 volts and no more than 16.0 volts.
- The BCM must be receiving a message from the RCDLR while in the program mode.
CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
The BCM detects a short to voltage in the key-less entry serial data circuit.
ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS
The key-less entry system will not operate.
CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC
- A current DTC will clear when the fault is no longer present and the ignition switch is cycled.
- A history DTC will clear after 100 consecutive ignition cycles without a fault present.
- A scan tool may be used to clear history and current DTCs.
- Always begin diagnosis with the first DTC listed on the scan tool.
- Perform a visual inspection for loose or poor connections at all related components.
- If the DTC B3103 is a history DTC, the fault may be intermittent.
Step 1 - Step 9
See pic 1
The numbers below refers to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.
3. B+ voltage should be present on the serial data terminal when tested with a DMM, but should not illuminate the test lamp. An illuminated test lamp indicates a short to voltage in the serial data circuit.
4. This step checks for a short to voltage in the key-less entry serial data circuit.
Sunday, July 26th, 2020 AT 1:54 PM