No power

YICHIDO
  • 2007 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
Shorted system no power to anything. The battery is good.
Tuesday, July 4th, 2017 AT 5:48 AM

STEVE W.
Where was the short? Under the hood or inside?
Either way you will want to check all of the fuses in the fuse box under the hood, and if you find they are good plan on replacing the integrated power module itself (smart fuse box). Also, check the fusible link to the alternator, it should not shut off power to the vehicle but it may have fried if the engine was running when the short occurred.
-1
Tuesday, July 4th, 2017 AT 7:59 AM
YICHIDO
Replaced IP module still no power Battery reversed poles shorted. Battery tested 13. 4 volts. How do I test the sockets and or power leaving IPModule Did not notice any damaged wires or smells.
Sunday, July 9th, 2017 AT 9:57 AM
STEVE W.
OK, you have some work to do. Basically you need to identify the circuits that would have power full time. The issue there is that just the power distribution system alone is 15 pages of wiring diagrams.
The basics are to use a test light and track the power though that maze. The problem with polarity reversal is that every instance of it acts different and causes different damage depending on what was on at the time.

To continue you will want those wiring diagrams. There are a couple places to get them. I suggest Alldata for them as they don't re-draw them like Mitchell does. BBB industries also has them but they don't print very well.
-1
Sunday, July 9th, 2017 AT 4:20 PM
YICHIDO
There is no power leaving I P module even though there is power at the sockets where fuses and relays plug in
Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 AT 6:52 AM
KEN

I have found the power distribution wiring diagrams for you (below) Here is a guide that will help as well.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Check to see if power is entering the PDC.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 AT 12:00 PM
STEVE W.
No power going out of the IPM with known good power going in means the control circuits have failed. OR the IPM you installed is faulty. Was it new or used?

Test at the ignition switch for power in and out to the BCM. If the BCM doesn't get the wake up call from the switch many items don't get power because it turns on the relays for the other systems. Same issue with the front control module. It controls the power of most of the circuits the BCM doesn't. Test for power and ground

Ken gave you some of the power distribution side schematics.

One other item, being an 07 did you re-flash the replacement IPM to match your vehicle?
Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 AT 1:51 PM