No Electrical

YICHIDO
  • 2007 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
Shorted system no power to anything. The battery is good.
Tuesday, July 4th, 2017 AT 5:48 AM

STEVE W.
Where was the short? Under the hood or inside?
Either way you will want to check all of the fuses in the fuse box under the hood, and if you find they are good plan on replacing the integrated power module itself (smart fuse box). Also, check the fusible link to the alternator, it should not shut off power to the vehicle but it may have fried if the engine was running when the short occurred.
-1
Tuesday, July 4th, 2017 AT 7:59 AM
YICHIDO
Replaced IP module still no power Battery reversed poles shorted. Battery tested 13. 4 volts. How do I test the sockets and or power leaving IPModule Did not notice any damaged wires or smells.
Sunday, July 9th, 2017 AT 9:57 AM
STEVE W.
OK, you have some work to do. Basically you need to identify the circuits that would have power full time. The issue there is that just the power distribution system alone is 15 pages of wiring diagrams.
The basics are to use a test light and track the power though that maze. The problem with polarity reversal is that every instance of it acts different and causes different damage depending on what was on at the time.

To continue you will want those wiring diagrams. There are a couple places to get them. I suggest Alldata for them as they don't re-draw them like Mitchell does. BBB industries also has them but they don't print very well.
-1
Sunday, July 9th, 2017 AT 4:20 PM
YICHIDO
There is no power leaving I P module even though there is power at the sockets where fuses and relays plug in
Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 AT 6:52 AM
KEN

I have found the power distribution wiring diagrams for you (below) Here is a guide that will help as well.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Check to see if power is entering the PDC.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 AT 12:00 PM
STEVE W.
No power going out of the IPM with known good power going in means the control circuits have failed. OR the IPM you installed is faulty. Was it new or used?

Test at the ignition switch for power in and out to the BCM. If the BCM doesn't get the wake up call from the switch many items don't get power because it turns on the relays for the other systems. Same issue with the front control module. It controls the power of most of the circuits the BCM doesn't. Test for power and ground

Ken gave you some of the power distribution side schematics.

One other item, being an 07 did you re-flash the replacement IPM to match your vehicle?
Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 AT 1:51 PM
FADZIL
  • 2008 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
Recently I was driving my town and country. Everything was working fine, then the low fuel light came on.(It was low on gas). Then when I tried to put my turn signal, it wasn't working. Then I realized nothing was working(no lights, no radio, no power window etc) but engine kept on running.I pulled in to a parking lot quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and everything came back on(lights, radio, power window etc.) Any idea. Can anyone help me.
Thursday, February 28th, 2019 AT 9:54 AM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
I would suspesct a fault with the Totally Integrated Power Module.

Have the vehice scanned for trouble codes and see what comes up.
DEB1025
  • 1999 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
My van, for a couple of week has had a little battery light up, I know nothing about cars, I asked someone and they said as long as it runs should be fine, wasnt good advice, I was taking my husband to dialysis yesterday and the car was running fine then the radio shut down after that the heater, just barely made and everything shut down, I got it jumped and tried it this morning it starts, but little battery still lit and dont think it will take me to for
ASEMASTER6371
It needs an alternator. Never ignore any warning lights no matter what anyone says

TWALTOSZ
  • 2006 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
My wife just purchased this van and drove it 2,000 miles home without any problems. I drove it about a week locally without issue. My wife went to drive it but heater blower wouldn't work so she parked it and the next day I went to drive it, no heater blower, went to restart and won't crank over. I checked and 3 fuses were blown, replaced fuses and ignition switch, tried to start, starter engaged for about 1/2 second and then nothing. Lights radio and random accessories stayed on, tried moving gear shift to neutral, sometimes indicator lights would work sometimes not, sometimes the radio clock stays on sometimes not, car would still not turn over. Replaced the grounding strap on the motor mount, heater blower started working but accessories stayed on, sometimes windows will work, just tried to get car out of park and can't. I am at a loss where to start, I have looked at wire harnesses but don't see any obvious burns. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Saturday, January 11th, 2020 AT 2:15 PM (Merged)
SCGRANTURISMO

This could be a problem with your vehicle's Body Control-module [BCM]. Your vehicle's BCM controls all of the functions that are failing on your vehicle. In the diagrams down below I have included the instructions for the removal and installation of the BCM on your vehicle. Please go through this guide and get back to us with what you are able to find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
TWALTOSZ
So I was able to get the car to turn over (the spade connector on the starter was loose) but as soon as it fires it dies, not like its starving for fuel but seems like the run wire is disconnected, the accessories still come on immediately when connected to the battery, does this still sound like the BCM? Is there any way to test as this part is about 400. Thanks for the help.
SCGRANTURISMO
Hello again,

No, it doesn't. This could be a problem with your vehicle's Auto Shut Down relay [ASD]. In the diagrams down below I have included the Engine Management wiring diagram with the ASD circuit on it as well as a diagram with call outs including the relay cavity wires for the Integrated Power Module where the ASD relay is located. I have also highlighted all associated wires on the wiring diagram or you. I have also included a guide on how to find a short to power and shorts in between electrical automotive circuits for you. Please go through these guides and get back to us with what you are able to find out. You will need to use a Digital Multi-meter [DMM] and be able to test the ASD relay so here are links to guides explaining how to do both of these, if needed:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-voltmeter
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
TWALTOSZ
After checking the relays and replacing another fuse, when I connected the battery I smelled a burnt wire smell, turns out there is a major wire harness in between the wheel well and the firewall. Either something went through the plastic shroud in the wheel well or the burnt wire harness made a hole, either way about 1/2 the wires had melted together, after tracing all of them and soldering and heat shrinking them back together, when I connected the battery the car started right up and no problems since. Thanks for the help, all I can say is I feel very fortunate not to have had a car fire.
KEN
SCGRANTURISMO is one of our best! Glad you could get it fixed, that kind of problem can be tough. Please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help.

Sponsored links