No fuel past FPR with brand new FPR

THERON21
  • 1990 NISSAN 300ZX
  • RWD
Have a NA 1990 300zx that doesn't seem to be getting fuel past the fuel pressure regulator. I just bought a new pressure regulator and installed it in hopes that would fix the problem but it still doesn't have any pressure past the regulator. When I got the car just about all the rubber in the engine bay was dry rotted so I have replaced all the vaccum, fuel and water lines. I also did aiv, prvr and egr delete to simplify the engine. I have the vacuum line that goes to the FPR going to the plenum as instructed in multiple forums I have read for doing the aiv and prvr solenoid delete. Only thing I can think is that the plenum isn't creating enough vacuum to open the diaphram in the FPR but I dont know how to fix that. I can spray starter fluid in the plenum and the car will start up till it burns off the starter fluid just so you know.
Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 AT 7:52 AM

Try using a miti-vac to open the fuel pressure regulator then check vacuum at manifold once running it should have about 20" at idle. you may have a bad pump so check that withour vacuum it should have 43 psi with vacuum 36 psi if it doesn't have either then it's a bad pump. check at fuel rail and you may need an adapter.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator
Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 AT 10:17 AM