1993 Nissan Sentra windshield wiper conversion

DAN MORGAN
  • 1993 NISSAN SENTRA
1993 Nissan Sentra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My vehicle is equiped with the standard off/low/high wiper switch. I would like to convert it to a switch that has a delay option. I think I need to change a relay and buy an alternate wiper switch but I am not sure if this can be done. I am requesting help to identify which relay I would have to replace (as well as what to replace it with) and if there is a delayed wiper switch for my year vehicle. I cant seem to find one online at the autostores. If there is not, can I use an aftermarket switch, and do you have any recommendations.
Thanks for taking your time to help.
Dan
Saturday, March 21st, 2009 AT 11:06 AM

ZACKMAN
It can be done, but it is a long and timely process. You will need to start with a multi function switch out of another Sentra with delay option. You will also need the wiper amplifier (high power relay). I am not sure where the location for B13, but for B14, it is located in the passenger side kick panel. Your vehicle should have the wiring harness for it, except no relay.
Wednesday, March 25th, 2009 AT 1:38 AM