SOMEHOW I GOT THE WIPER ARMS SWITCHED

1998 Nissan Sentra

Scorpio08

September, 3, 2012 AT 6:15 AM

The black paint on the wiper arms on my 1998 Nissan Sentra was peeling and missing in places so I thought I'd take the arms off and repaint them.

somehow I got the arms switched and I'm not sure if I got the proper arm back to where it belongs. Is there an easy way to identify which is which? One has the letter "A" on it and the other has the letter "D" on it, plus the one arm that's marked "D" has a different sort of bend in the arm, different from the other one.

I realize how stupid this makes me look, but I can deal with it as long as you can help me! Thanks for your time.

caradiodoc

September, 3, 2012 AT 8:20 AM

Easiest is to march down to some used car lots or salvage yards, or even the shopping mall parking lot, and find another car like yours and look at the two arms. I wouldn't call it stupid. We all do things like that at times.

September, 3, 2012 AT 2:47 PM

D = Driver.
A = Assistant

Arm would be different and if it is not fitted correctly, it can clash with the windshield cowl.

Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX