HOW TO CHECK A FUEL PUMP ON A 1995

• al rehm
  • 1995 Nissan Pathfinder

I have a 95 pathfinder with 78000 mils on it 3.0 6 cylinder. It started and ran about 20 feet and then stop. It seems to be running out of fuel. I disconnected the fule line after the fuel filter uunder the hood and found no pressure. Is there a way to test the pump for operation while it is still in the vehicle or do I have to drop the gas tank? Also does the fuel pump run on 12 volts or is it stepped down?

Tuesday, July 31st, 2007 AT 10:52 AM

• rasmataz

Wire it direct from the battery ( you need a positive battery and ground lead )-find the fuel pump connector on the tank identify the wire color code, apply the jumper, No sound/buzzing-its gone-

Note: before the direct hook up -check for battery voltage on the fuel pump connector-no power there track it backwards could be a fuel pump relay-power present. Could be ground problem-ground checks out
Pump is defective

Thursday, August 2nd, 2007 AT 5:08 PM