My car is a Nissan Maxima 1996

BAYAREABADBOY
  • 1996 NISSAN MAXIMA
The problem is with the door lock. When I lock it from the inside and when its all locked, it still opens, I guess something is blocking the lock from the inside to lock all the way but, what can I do to lock it all the way?
Wednesday, August 8th, 2007 AT 1:24 AM

TARSUS_ENDRI
I have followed your instructions and went as far as cleaning all of the battery terminals with baking soda and a steel brush powered by a power-drill.

The cables you have told me to concentrate on were cleaned to the best of my ability. The female connector, suprisingly, had tan-ish orange subtance with the consistency of runny gel. I have taken the liberty of cleaning out the female connector of this substance. Once more, I have steel brush cleaned the contacts of the cables you have pointed out for me to clean.

Interestingly, my vehicle actually sounded better and ran significantly better than last time. After a 2 hour torture-drive-test, the vehicle has not stalled. Sadly, however, the engine continues to idle pretty rough and each time it idles rough, I can notice the electricity in my car pulsate from each rough point during idling.

Any ideas about the rough idling?

**Will be cleaning the female connector near the radiator core more thoroughly and steel-brush/sand-paper clean the male connector tomorrow**
Thursday, August 9th, 2007 AT 12:21 AM
TARSUS_ENDRI
Hhmm.

I tried to start my car with in the morning and, sadly, the fuel pump did not engage upon starting. Thus, my car is dead once again.

I will aqcuire the instrument required to pull off codes from the PCM. I just recently had a friend stop by to pick me up and decided to look at my vehicle. She came to the conclusion that my engine was not recieving sufficient spark. After testing my battery (Full Power) and checked the connections, we could not figure out the possible causes. I had my ICM (Ignition Control Module) replaced nearly 2 years ago, is it possible that the ICM is going bad again?

I will attempt to pull off codes from my car's computer and see what other problems I have over looked.

Tarsus
Thursday, August 9th, 2007 AT 4:08 PM
TARSUS_ENDRI
After toiling with the car the two whole days, I have found out my problem.

There apparently was no power flowing to the fuel pump, however, with my father's assistance, we determined that the fuel pump was functioning by by-passing the CCRM. We have also determined that the fuel-pump relay inside the CCRM was functioning well. We have narrowed down the entire problem to a tiny little piece that caused the random stalls and the fuel-pump problems; the FUSABLE LINK. (Cable connection with a fuse connected inside the wiring)

Also, I had discovered the source of the rough idling. It seems that the first cylinder's spark plug was not connected properly. After reconnecting that cylinder, my engine sounded alot more different and powerful than it used to sound and operate. The idling significantly improved a GREAT deal.

I hope this will help any other owners of Ford Tempos. Many mechanics could not find out the problem that was plauging my car and, with my father (An accomplished Electrical Engineer), we have narrowed the cause of this problem to a tiny component.

Thanks for all the help you all!

Tarsus
Sunday, August 12th, 2007 AT 8:44 PM