1999 NISSAN MAXIMA WHAT TO DO?

• maxima21
  • 1999 Nissan Maxima

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Nissan Maxima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

So I took my car in about a while ago because I was seeing some minimal smoke and the car was overheating. The mechanic told me my thermostat electric fan was broken and that it would cost me $1000 to repair. I couldn't afford it at the time so I put it in my friends driveway and didn't touch it for almost two months. I took it in today, only a 2 mile drive, and the guy told me that my head gasket had blown because of a radiator leak and that it was either get a new engine or pay $2300 to repair it all. Is he trying to screw me with the prices? And is what he is saying sound like what could be happening to my car? I don't want to pay this much. Also, can any of it wait to be repaired or is it necessary for repair?

Thursday, July 1st, 2010 AT 1:00 PM

• rasmataz

You can get it block and pressure tested this will tell if you have a blown headgasket

$2300.00 for a headgasket-Ouch! In his dream get out now or you'll be sorry

Or DIY with this high tech stuffs: Thermagasket or Steel seal its proven to work less than $100.00

Good Luck and God bless you

Friday, July 2nd, 2010 AT 1:08 AM