2002 Nissan Frontier Error Code P301 - Missfire Cylinder 1

BUDMAN667
  • 2002 NISSAN FRONTIER
My Frontier idles ans run well until it hits about 45 then it run rough until it gets to 65 then it smooths out. It sets an error code of P301 - missfire cylinder 1. I have change the plugs, plug wire, distribute cap and rotor. I'm not sure what to try next. I thought maybe the coil but only cylinder 1 is giving be the code. Thanks for you help.
Saturday, August 22nd, 2009 AT 7:27 PM

Misfire at cyl no.1 check sparkplug, compression and injector for that cyl.

Engine misfires can be caused by worn or fouled spark plugs, a weak spark (weak coil, bad spark plug wire), loss of compression, vacuum leaks, anything that causes an unusually lean fuel mixture (lean misfire), an EGR valve that is stuck open, dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure, or even bad fuel.
Saturday, August 22nd, 2009 AT 8:41 PM
ROCKETEERX
I got the same P301 code but the initial problem (without getting the error code) is that the car is loosing water/coolant without no leaking. After a week I got the P301 and I've checked the sparkplug from the cyl no. 1 and it has a green-like color, I think there is a coolant leak problem, am I right?

Thank you
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 AT 12:41 PM
Sounds like the no.1 is leaking-Get it block and pressure tested
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 AT 3:48 PM