Engine cutting off

RYMELL357
  • 2005 NISSAN ARMADA

Engine Performance problem V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

My truck keeps cutting off, it will drive fine, then the rpm will drop and the truck will cut off. Let it sit for 10 or so mins and it will start up. Drive maybe 5-15 miles and then it will do the same thing again. Tried 93 gas and I depressed the fuel value in the engine and no fuel, not a drop and no air came out.

Saturday, May 16th, 2009 AT 7:10 PM

2CARPROS KEN

It sounds like you have a classic crankshaft angle sensor that is going out. Here is a guide to show you what you are in for when changing the sensor and a diagram (below) of how to change the sensor on your car.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/crankshaft-angle-sensor-replacement

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken

Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 AT 4:13 PM
CCRUTHIS
  • 2005 NISSAN ARMADA

2005 Nissan Armada V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 115, 00 miles

I have read that others have had the same question. The engine cuts out while trying to accelerate. Seems the engine is not getting fuel. Pull over and let it sit while engine off for a few minutes and then it will run fine for a little while until it happens again. I know on the 05 models that the fuel filter is inside the fuel tank. Are there known issues with this problem and is there a fix?

Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 AT 4:14 PM (Merged)
BMRFIXIT

Most common is the fuel pump
and need to be replaced
this is the TSB
check it out
and good luck

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
2004 - 2007 armada
low power with wide open throttle and stalling

Low fuel pressure may cause DTCs to be detected. If you have DTCs with this incident, first replace the fuel pump and then recheck the DTC diagnosis

SERVICE PROCEDURE
Connect a fuel pressure gauge to the engine (special tool kit J-44321 or equivalent).
Follow all instructions under "Fuel Pressure Check" in Section EC of the Service Manual for connecting the fuel pressure gauge.
Look at the fuel pressure while performing a transmission "Stall Test".
The Stall Test 10 minute warm up is not needed for this Service Procedrue.
Follow all other instructions for performing the Stall Test under "Inspections Before Trouble Diagnosis" in Section AT of the Service Manual.
CAUTION:Do not hold down the accelerator pedal for more than 5 seconds while performing the Stall Test.

Fuel pressure is NG if it drops below 45 psi during the Stall Test.
If the fuel pressure is OK, this bulletin does not apply. Return to ASIST for further diagnosis and repair information.
If the fuel pressure is NG, go to step 3.
Replace the fuel pump.

CHANTE JACKSON
  • 2007 NISSAN ARMADA

My nissan armada stalled while I was driving and cut off consecutively 4 more times within 20 minutes after restarting it and driving it again

Check fuel pump pressure and for spark to the plugs when it dies.

RIANSHIELDS
  • 2006 NISSAN ARMADA

Car just died. Was towed home and sat for two days then ran fine for a week. Died again. Taken to mechanic they said they wiggled the fuse to fuel pump and it ran. Drove it about four miles and it died again. Taken back to shop and they say they cant fix it. It will start then die within a few seconds.

MHPAUTOS

Sounds like a typical failing fuel pump, if it is a problem with the power supply this should be easy to fix, this mechanic does not sound like they want to help, or they just don't know there job, go find a mechanic ready to help, this should not be a huge problem.

2CARPROS KEN

Here is a guide that will show you what you are in for when replacing the fuel pump

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-an-electric-fuel-pump

Here is a diagram (below) on what it will be like on your car

Please let us know what happens, we are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken

Friday, June 30th, 2017 AT 11:38 AM

Related Engine Stalls While Driving Content

Recommended guides