2006 Nissan Altima

JONES11265
  • 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA
My car makes a scrubbing sound when ever I turn the wheel or when I brake. I changed the brake pads but that wasnt the problem please help.
Monday, April 27th, 2009 AT 4:12 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Hello
Thanks for the donation

Is this sound a metal on metal grind or more of a plastic scraping plastic sound? Does it occur everytime brake pedal is depressed, and if so, do you feel any vibrations in the brake pedal or steering wheel when this occurs?

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!
Monday, April 27th, 2009 AT 7:31 PM
JONES11265
No it's sound more like plastic scrubbing the tires! And yes I checked that to see if that was the problem. Or maybe metal grinding against metal, im not sure but it seems if I go in a completly straight line it is quiet yes it does occur everytime I brake or when I turn the wheel even if I turn the wheel slightly it still does it. No I dont feel any vibration in steering wheel or brake pedal either.
Tuesday, April 28th, 2009 AT 8:36 PM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Okay thanks for that information. You need to inspect each wheel well. I would suspect one or more of your tires is rubbing against the inner wheel well (plastic covering). It does this when you brake due to the weight being distributed to front of vehicle putting pressure on the wheel area and it does it when turning because the tire is being pushed into the wheel well slightly. Check this out and get back to me.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!
Tuesday, April 28th, 2009 AT 8:41 PM
JONES11265
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION AND YOUR HELP BUT I JUST FOUND OUT IT WAS THE WHEEL BARRING.
Wednesday, April 29th, 2009 AT 5:16 PM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Glad you got your vehicle fixed! Thanks for posting the solution. It helps us to better assist others in the future with similar issues.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!
Wednesday, April 29th, 2009 AT 5:19 PM