The Fuel filter is mounted in a clip on the firewall near the brake master cyl.
1. Depressurize the fuel system
A. Remove the fuel pump fuse from the fuse
panel located under the drivers side dash
B. Start the enigne and allow it to run until it
stops. This should only take a few secs.
C. Disconnect the negative battery cable while
working on the fuel system
D. The fuel system pressue has now been relieved
2. Detach the filter from the bracket, loosen the
screw clamps, then detach the hoses from the
top and bottom of the fuel filter and remove it
3. Note that the inlet and outlet pipes are clearly
labeled on their respective ends of the filter.
Make sure the new filter is installed so that it is
facing the proper direction. When correctly
installed, the filter should be installed so the outlet
pipe faces down.
4. Install the inlet and outlet fittings and tighten the
screw clamps securely
5. Reinstall the fuel pump fuse and reconnect the
negative terminal on the battery.
6. Start the vehicle. You may need to crank a few
times before fuel is delivered to the combustion
Sunday, January 11th, 2009 AT 12:07 PM