MISFIRING ON LOW ACCELERATION

1997 Nissan Altima

andersonribert

July, 29, 2010 AT 7:57 AM

1997 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 204000 miles

Hi, I have a big problem on my car. I bought it used about a month ago, and I can't find what the problem is. It was fine when I bought, up to like a week later. It misfire (hesitates) everytime I keep a low acceleration. If I don't accelerate or if I speed up (press the accelerator harder) it will not misfire/hesitate. Would you guys know the problem?
The only thing I found that could be the problem was a little bit of oil inside of the distributor cap, but I cleaned and even changed it, but still misfiring.
Thank you very much for your time.

Anderson

Engine Miss

Jack42

July, 29, 2010 AT 8:07 AM

Could be an ignition issue. At that mileage you should be on your second major tune up (plugs/wires/cap/rotor/fuel filter). Making sure all of the basic ignition is in proper order is the best place to begin, especially for misfires like you describe. Also you should always use OEM (original equipment manufacturer) parts to keep it running right

andersonribert

July, 29, 2010 AT 8:22 AM

Thanks for the reply. I already changed half of this parts, I will change the fuel filter today. If it doesn't fix it, any other suggestion?

Thank you for your time.

Jack42

August, 1, 2010 AT 9:47 AM

Could be an injector issue, but get all of the ignition replaced first