2002 Nissan Altima Misfire

CWHITE101
  • 2002 NISSAN ALTIMA
Hi I am Christina my cylinder #3 on my 2002 Nissan Altima is misfiring. I been reading a lot of things online and the talk of head gasket keeps coming up. My mechanic told me it's not the head gasket because it's NOT over heating (but I did have some overheating problem before because of a cracked radiator but I have a new radiator now). Is it possible that from the previous overheating it could've blown the head gasket even though its not overheating anymore since I replaced the radiator or is safe to say I just will need to replace the #3 coil pack? HELP PLEASE!
Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 AT 11:36 AM

HOMER1967
Has it been missing every since the cracked radiator was replaced? Or is this a new problem? How long has it been since the radiator replacement and when the misfire started happening?Please answer these questions for me so I can better assist you.
+1
Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 AT 11:41 AM
CWHITE101
It started missing the night before I got the radiator put in.
Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 AT 11:53 AM
HOMER1967
Ok, the only way to be sure is to have a leak down test or combustion gas test performed to verify whether or not you have a heat gasket issue. That is where you need to start before you waste any money on the car. Does the car have good heat? If so does is suddenly go cold sometimes? Any white smoke? Or antifreeze smell?
Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 AT 12:16 PM
CWHITE101
Ok I will definitely do that. The heat is okay it doesn't get hot like most cars but it gets pretty warm. It doesn't suddenly go cold and sometimes I see smoke come from under the hood when I'm driving it long distance or when I'm getting off the highway.
Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 AT 12:43 PM
HOMER1967
Yeah, I would definitely get the leak down/combustion gases test done. If that is negative, which is a good thing then I would have it pressure tested one more time. I hope I have been of some help to you and please let me know how it works out. Have a great day.
Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 AT 12:56 PM
CWHITE101
Ok Thank u so much. You have a good day too.
Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 AT 12:58 PM
HOMER1967
You are welcome.
Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 AT 1:37 PM