WHITE/GREYISH SMOKE FROM EXHAUST

• asan64
  • Nissan 240SX

I am posting this cause I am all out of ideas. I am working with the dealership to resolve this issue. I recentley bought a 2003 Nissan Murano. The car drives and runs smooth. The car blows white/greyish smoke from the exhuast at times. The times can vary, sometime on a code day sometimes on a warm day. The car could smoke when it has been sitting or4 when you have driven it for a while. One dealership told me a needed a new engine. I took it to a second dealership and they are replacing the valve cover, I am not sure if this will resolve the issue. ANY IDEAS?

Thursday, March 9th, 2006 AT 2:05 PM

• FiveOneOh

They are replacing a cover. I fial to see how the alve cover has anythign to do with the internal working of the engine. Its a cover to keep oil in dirt out. I love dealerships.

Thursday, March 9th, 2006 AT 10:59 PM
  • Sevens

White/Greyish smoke is usually water getting into the cylinder block. I know of a few things it could be. I'm not sure about your car, but in some cases, its a cylinder head gasket, or intake manifold gasket. Its somewhere near a coolant flow and access to the block head. Some cars do have coolant parts attached to very near the valve cover, but I've never seen it necessary to remove a valve cover to work on a coolant part.

Saturday, March 25th, 2006 AT 12:16 AM