WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CLUTCH?

Mitsubishi

mello99

November, 22, 2006 AT 1:01 AM

Is it possible for a hydrolic clutch to just go out with no warning? My mitsubisi eclipse (gt I think) has about 145,000 miles on it, when my brother was driving it today out of nowhere the clutch gave out at a red light. The vehicle still shifts into gear (when it is parked of course); the clutch has not dropped to the floor. The clutch still moves freely up and down, however there is no grab. Is it possible that it just needs fluid? Or does it sound like it needs replaced? I am just not sure how this could have happened with no warning signs.

Clutch Problems

Clutch Help!

sunny4765

December, 3, 2006 AT 2:48 PM

I think your master clutch cylinder is defective. It should cost you around $100-$150 to replace it. Also check your clutch cable. Let me know if this helps.

marianalee

December, 11, 2006 AT 2:31 PM

Unfortunately, mine just did the same thing two days ago. Mine is an '01. I took it to a trusted repair shop and they said that the clutch gave out and I would need a new one. The estimate was $1,072. Does the car smell like anything when you try to drive it?

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement