NO START

Mercury Tracer

kracko

June, 22, 2006 AT 4:41 PM

My car was running fine. Oh sorry.
I have a 1995 mercury tracer. 1.9l 4 cyl
It was running fine, but it has been a long time since I changed my spark plugs, so I decided to change them. I bought the ones that were pre gapped. I removed the old plugs and replaced the new ones, one at a time. Finally got done, and the car ran alright. Then turned it off, then got back in the car, and wen't down the road. The care was running for about 3 minutes, and then just died all at once, and wont start back up. It didn't glug glug or anything. Just died! Please help!

syncrait

June, 23, 2006 AT 5:35 AM

Will the car turn over now or does it just not do anything? Clean your battery terminals and also check your grounding to the body from the negative. Good luck : )

jonugo

June, 26, 2006 AT 10:45 AM

Hi,

I'm havnig a similar problem. My car is a 1999 Sable Wagon. Where you able to find out what the problem was with your car?
On my car, I was driving on the highway and all of a sudden I lost power. No warning at all. So far I can't figure out what's wrong.
On my car it turns over, but it never starts. There is enough power, spark plugs are new.

kracko

July, 1, 2006 AT 8:33 PM

Have you checked your timing belt. That is what is wrong with mine. Does anyone know. Where I can find an online diagram of the timing belt settings?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test