1999 Mercury Sable no heat

DWAYEN
  • 1999 MERCURY SABLE
Heater problem
1999 Mercury Sable Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

I have no heat in my car, I have a new water pump, thermostat, heater coil, head qasket changed and still no heat, is there a switch or panel, shutter that needs to be open, and is there something I can do myself
Monday, January 26th, 2009 AT 11:34 AM

RENAUDTN
Here are a few suggestions:

-make sure your level of coolant is good, and the system bled for air.
-The blend door actuator may be out.
-The blend door may be broken.

When you turn the switch from cold to heat, do you hear the blend door moving inside the panel?

Here, check this website, it'll give you an idea of what could be your problem:

heatertreater. Net/Mercury%20Sable%2096-07. Htm
-1
Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 AT 9:26 AM
BMRFIXIT
Great suggestions
Also we find it
Very common for the heater core to be clogged and need to be flushed
Isolate and flush heater core
Need to know how let me know
+1
Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 AT 3:20 PM
BRAVESTAR1
It is quite likely that the heater core is clogged. It generally gets full of debris that doesn't settle in the radiator.

Drain the system, and have a qualified repair technician remove the heater core. It is located inside the car under the dash, and can be cumbersome to remove. Make sure they put plenty of towels down to absorb radiator fluid as this stuff reeks and is difficult to remove from carpet.

Flushing out the heater core manually, assures free flow of water, reinstall then check for leaks. Refill with the proper 60/40 mix of antifreeze to "distilled" water, and leave the radiator cap or expansion tank cover off, while you run the engine to purge the system of air. Once the engine reaches an optimal temperature of 180 degrees, close the cover, and check for heat.

If the car doesn't have heat at this time, then either you were sold a defective thermostat or the heater door isn't opening up properly. In which case the vaccuum lines may be broken.
Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 AT 8:11 PM