Need to support the engine and remove the sub frame
and than remove the tranny this is what I have good luck
1. Turn air suspension switch to OFF position (if equipped). Switch is located in luggage compartment. Remove air cleaner assembly. Disconnect battery cables. Remove battery and battery tray. Unplug electrical harness connectors from engine. Remove main wiring harness retaining bolt. Remove shift lever.
2. Remove through-bolt from left-side motor mount strut. Secure wiring harness aside. Remove radiator sight shield. Remove upper transaxle-to-engine mounting bolts. On Sable and Taurus, install Engine Lifting Bracket (D81L-6001-D) to left rear of cylinder head. Lifting bracket should be pre-installed on right front of cylinder head.
3. On all models, install Engine Support Bar (D88L-6000-A) across shock towers. Attach support bar to engine. Raise engine enough to take pressure off of engine mounts. Remove dipstick. Disconnect power steering pump pressure and return line retaining bracket.
4. Remove 4 torque converter housing bolts from top of transaxle. Raise and support vehicle. Remove front wheels. Separate left-side tie rod end from steering knuckle. Remove suspension height sensor. Disconnect brake line support brackets. Remove retaining bolts from stabilizer bar. Disconnect lower control arm assemblies. Remove steering gear retaining nuts.
5. Remove front exhaust pipe, converter assembly and mounting bracket. Remove 2 transaxle mount bolts. Remove 4 left-side engine support bolts and remove support. Remove power steering gear-to subframe retaining bolts and secure gear assembly to rear of engine compartment. Remove all subframe-to-engine mount bolts. Support subframe. Remove remaining subframe-to-body bolts and lower subframe.
6. Position hydraulic jack under transaxle. Remove speedometer or Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) from transaxle. Remove transaxle-to-engine supports and transaxle mount. Remove starter and dust cover. Remove transaxle oil cooler retaining clips. Disconnect transaxle oil cooler lines using Cooler Line Disconnect Tool (T86P-77265-AH). 7. Remove 4 torque converter-to-flexplate nuts. Pull CV joints from transaxle using a slide hammer, CV Joint Puller (T86P-3514-A1) and Extension (T86P-3514-A2). Remove remaining transaxle-to-engine mounting bolts. Separate transaxle from engine. Lower transaxle and remove from vehicle.
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 4:54 AM