1996 Mercury Sable first start up of the day

OLD72DRIVER
  • 1996 MERCURY SABLE
The first start up of the day the car will sometimes run rough and have a smell as though it is running rich. It will at times put on the service engine soon light on. When warmed up runs well. At times the check engine soon light will extinguish.
Thursday, March 4th, 2010 AT 3:39 PM

You need to have the computer scanned to identify where the problem is coming from. Most parts stores will do it for free. Have it scanned and get the code. Let me know what you find.
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 AT 12:07 PM
OLD72DRIVER
The check engine soon light went out on it's own. I have lubed the throttle linkage and so far it runs well and no light. Guy paris
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 AT 1:50 PM
Thais good news. Let me know if it happens again. If the check engine light comes on again, try to get it to a nationally recognized parts store to have them scan it while it is on. Most parts stores will scan it for free, and it should identify where the problem is coming from.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 AT 9:57 PM
That is good news. Let me know if it happens again. If the check engine light comes on again, try to get it to a nationally recognized parts store to have them scan it while it is on. Most parts stores will scan it for free, and it should identify where the problem is coming from.

Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 AT 9:57 PM