FUEL PUMP

1998 Mercury Mystique

kenney142

November, 10, 2010 AT 5:48 PM

1998 Mercury Mystique 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

i put my car on ramps to change my speedometer wire before I did that the car was running fine after I changed that speedometer wire the car wont start it just turns over

bluelightnin6

November, 10, 2010 AT 5:51 PM

Did you disconnect battery before making the repair? Check fuses, can you hear fuel pump buzz for few seconds when you first turn key without cranking?

kenney142

November, 10, 2010 AT 5:54 PM

No I didnt disconnect the battery before I changed the wire. The fuses are all good. When I turn the key it doesnt buzz or nothing

bluelightnin6

November, 10, 2010 AT 5:56 PM

Test out the fuel pump relay, it is in left front corner of engine compartment, in battery junction box.

kenney142

November, 10, 2010 AT 6:01 PM

I bought a new relay it still doesnt turn on when I turn on the key

bluelightnin6

November, 10, 2010 AT 6:15 PM

May want to double check wiring to pump then to ensure you didnt' damage or knock loose when was making repair to speedo. If its good then could be coincedence that fuel pump went out. Can remove and test pump before replacing to make sure it is bad.

kenney142

November, 10, 2010 AT 6:19 PM

Where could I bring it to get it tested autozone or something

bluelightnin6

November, 10, 2010 AT 6:22 PM

Not sure if auto part store tests fuel pumps, any local shop could do it though.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement