2003 MERCEDES BENZ AC FAN PROBLEM ON STARTUP

• Papawg
  • 2003 MERCEDES BENZ

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Other Mercedes Benz Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

When I start my C 240, the AC fan runs through 7 to 10 cycles where it sounds like the vent damper is opening and closing. There is a click/thump noise so I'm thinking there must be an electrical switch issue. This happens whether the AC is set for manual or automatic mode on startup. After the cycles stop, the AC works fine, and the fan does not shut off during these cycles. Just had the AC recharged last month, but this just started a few days ago. Larry Grubbs July 15, 2008

Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 AT 7:17 PM

• Jack42

Try selecting fresh air or recirculate to see if it makes a difference. This may be the actuator defaulting then going back to selected position when car is turned on

Wednesday, July 16th, 2008 AT 7:33 AM
  • Papawg

2CarPro Jack -- Tried your suggestion but it didn't make any difference. Any other ideas?

Friday, July 18th, 2008 AT 9:51 PM
  • Jack42

To find the trouble codes in that HVAC system requires a hand held scanner. Unless you can find the source of the thump noise, Im thinking you may have to have someone scan it to see what the computer sees as the fault

Saturday, July 19th, 2008 AT 8:36 AM