AUDIO SYSTEM PROBLEM

1998 Mercedes Benz C230

dbens8888

February, 17, 2009 AT 8:03 AM

Noises problem maybe related to audio.
1998 Mercedes Benz C230 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

I recently purchased C230. Occassionally I will hear a very high pitch sound. Could this be a radio wiring problem?

Also: The radio initially displayed " code" whenever I turned it on. A friend said he could pull out and reset. Now the radio displays " wait". I was able to retrieve the car radio code from dealer.

Do I have to return to dealer to get the radio to go back to code?

gfimotorcars

February, 27, 2009 AT 11:49 PM

The wait response will come up after three unsuccessful attempts of entering the radio code normally. I'm not sure what your friend reset but this is the normal circumstance for the wait message. Essentially this message will stay up for 1-2 weeks depending on how many starts of the vehicle take place. This is a security feature and essentially makes the radio useless for a couple weeks after the unsuccessful code attempts. Eventually the code message will come up and you can re enter your radio code. There is no way, even at the dealer, to speed up the wait process.

kevin747

June, 13, 2009 AT 3:38 AM

Hi the radio on this is coded and if the power supply is removed from head unit it will ask for code flashing, if an incorrect code is put in then it will display wait the wait period is normally around 15 mins for first wrong number and gets longer every time an incorrect code is put in, after 3 wrong codes the radio will lock out and will have to be taken to a main dealer for unlocking which may cost 60.00, hope this helps

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro