HELP PLEASE!!!! CLUTCH IN, IDLES TO 4000 RPM

2012 Mazda Truck

weard

I own a 1994 Mazda B3000 V6. It has around 100,000 miles on it. My issue only happens ever so often, but lately it has gotten worse. When I drive the truck, I have to shift at a very High RPM, around 3500 RPM, just to get this problem to stop. Of course it does not always stop. What is happening is that when I go to shift and push down on the Clutch, the RPMs go racing to 4000 plus and after I shift they go back down but then start to climb again, without my foot on the gas. I could be in second gear and the truck will accelerate gradually by itself, without any gas pedal being pushed. When I come to a stop sign and have the clutch in, the RPM's will stay at 4000's for around 30 seconds or even more. When they go back down and I go to shift again, they go racing back up.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Inspect and test the throttle position and idle air control-to include cleaning out the throttle body plate

sumit46

April, 27, 2011 AT 12:49 AM

Hi weard,
Did the answer by rammataz solve your issue.
I have the exact same issue with my 2003 mitsubishi eclipse GS.

Thanks.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions